This page features all my travel must-haves. You’ll find everything that goes in my carry-on (including practical packing essentials like packing cubes), my photography gear, and recommended luggage — plus my favourite travel shoes and cute travel outfits like flowy dresses and floppy hats (Instagram necessities, right?).
All the exact outfits I wear on my Instagram are linked at the bottom too, if you’ve seen anything that caught your eye! <3
I rarely check a bag, despite going on trips for months at a time — and I have got packing light down to an art. That said, certain items are NON-NEGOTIABLE. I literally refuse to travel without these products in my carry-on.
1. Neutrogena moisturizing makeup wipes – THE best brand I’ve found for getting makeup off quickly and thoroughly, plus they feel great on your skin.
2. Sleep mask – completely blocks out light and super comfy to wear.
3. Bose noise canceling headphones — there’s a reason these are the #1 on the market. They’re comfortable, practical as hell, and sound amazing in addition to blocking out screaming babies, snorers, etc.
4. Luxtude gold portable phone charger – seriously compact, stylish, and quick juice for your phone. Expect a full charge in under half an hour!
5. Universal adapter – because there’s nothing worse than getting to a foreign country and realising you have the wrong god damn plugs.
6. Packing cubes – an absolute GAME CHANGER. They help you fit more clothing into your bag than you could have imagined possible. They’re also cheap and sturdy af – I’ve been using this set for over a year and they’re still in perfect condition.
7. Compression socks – not very glamorous, but hear me out. These will change your life, they seriously help so much with your circulation and reduce swelling and stiffness in your legs when flying.
8. Kindle – after one too many trips carrying heavy books around, I made the switch and never looked back. Even for avid readers and real-book-lovers, this is just way more practical for travel.
9. Neck pillow – essential for any flight where you’d like to relax at ALL. I’ve been using this one for a year+ also and it’s still like new! I like this one because it’s adjustable, unlike other bulky pillows.
10. Stainless steel water bottle – in cute af millennial pink, of course. Gotta stay hydrated, yo. I fill up after security and take a full bottle on the plane with me!
Photography Gear & Accessories
1. Canon 6D with kit lens – this is what I use to shoot all my photos! It’s a great starter camera with some awesome features like wi-fi, meaning I can transfer photos directly to my phone anytime, or use my phone as a remote shutter to take photos.
2. Panasonic Lumix – I do not use this camera, but it’s touted as the best mirrorless camera on the market. My DSLR is HUGE, heavy, and hard to travel with, but mirrorless cameras are lightweight and compact. And about a third of the cost 😉
3. Tripod for iPhones – the ideal contraption for when you want to snap photos on the go but don’t want to lug around a proper camera.
4. Remote shutter – for all my solo travelers out there. This allows you to control compatible cameras with the click of a button, meaning you don’t have to keep running back and forth between your camera and your setup to get The Shot.
5. Tripod for cameras – I usually travel alone, and a lot of the time strangers take TERRIBLE photos. So it’s sometimes best to take matters into my own hands with a sturdy, but compact tripod (PS, check out all my best tips for solo travel photography here).
Shop my Instagram
Click any image for details on what I’m wearing + some similar styles, if the original one is now sold out!
Travel Dresses & Hats